At St. John the Evangelist Parish, your commitment to the protection of children, infirmed and disabled is of the utmost importance to us. To help us ensure the safety and well-being of these groups, all ministers, employees, and volunteers must follow the following programs as mandated by the Archdiocese of Boston:
CORI Background Check:
- Complete a CORI background check, each year. You can download, print, and complete the form ahead of time, but please do not sign, as your signature requires the presence of a Parish staff member to serve as your witness. Don’t forget to bring your photo ID.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
Read and agree to implement the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct for Volunteers in the course of your work at St. John. Complete this requirement by downloading the Code of Conduct, read it and sending your agreement to follow it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Protecting God’s Children Training:
- At least once in your lifetime, you must attend a “Protecting God’s Children” (PGC) training program that equips volunteers like you with the necessary tools and knowledge to recognize and prevent abuse. The training will cover essential topics, including identifying signs of abuse, appropriate boundaries, how to respond to suspicions or disclosures of abuse, and the importance of maintaining a vigilant and nurturing environment for our young parishioners. By attending this program, you will not only become better equipped to protect the children, infirmed or disabled, but also demonstrate your dedication to serving our community in a responsible and compassionate manner.
How to Register and Find Training Dates
- Go to virtusonline.org
- If you do not have an account, click on “First Time Registrant”. Otherwise log in.
- On the next page click on “Begin the registration process”
- Select “Boston” from the drop-down list of dioceses.
- Complete the registration process.
- Once registration is complete, you will be directed to online PGC training. Select “Current Training – Register for training. If we are holding a class at St. John Parish Center, it will be listed here. Otherwise, you may select a training session at a nearby parish. Complete your registration.
- After completing the training, send a copy of your certificate to email@example.com so we can update our parish records.
For more information or questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org